Strani

četrtek, 21. julij 2016

#1 Flying forever and first impressions about Belo Horizonte

On Tuesday,19th of July, my big adventure finally started. I was planning that for more than 8 months, but until last day, I was not nervous and almost everything I felt was excitement. Then last night sleeping at home suddenly I could not sleep, I fell strange from inside. Very special thank to one of my friends, who is always trying to keep my head on the right track, so I prepare my head for this adventure. When the last day at home finished, all goodbyes were said, my father and my brother drove me to Budapest airport.

From Moškanjci via Budapest airport via London Heathrow and via Miami International to Belo Horizonte it took me more than 36 hours, more than 20 hours in air. During that time I went through one of my fever episodes - I was too afraid to tell my mom that, she would be too worried - so somehow with help of phone and few friendson the other side I managed to come here safely and well. But when I arrive here, another shock - no baggage - hope it comes soon (still waiting), I have some things in there that I am emotionally attached.

Budapest - London - Miami - Belo Horizonte


Airport here in Belo Horizonte on first sight does not look big, but when do you have to take the bus from terminal 3 to terminal 1, it is really big. Nonetheless, this is 3rd biggest city in Brazil and has more citizens than whole Slovenia. Then I had to take the bus from Airport to citycentre and despite I was crazy tired it was really interesting to watch city - some new culture. For me it was shock, to see a lot of people sleeping on the streets and in the middle of the parks, a lot of dirt lying all around, big holes on the roads... All this is something new to me, also language - although people are veeery nice, rarely who speaks English. But I think the basics of language I will know in few days. 

Mercado Central - there you can find everything

Today, I visited Mercado Central - no.2 on TripAdvisor list for BH - and it was amazing to see what they have there inside - from cats, dogs, chickens, big turkeys to all the food, clothes, even I counted 7 or 8 protein shops to restaurants - so I had first Brazilian lunch - it was said to me, Minas food (Minas Gerais is the region here) is really tasty and I tried FEIJAO TROPEIRO - mixed beans, pork, some vegetables and rice and it was really good and cheap.

Feijao tropeiro - tasty brazilian dish


I hope my baggage comes soon, so I can start enjoying this country even more, first impression is positive and I am sure it will be only better - there is only 15 days till Olympic games in Rio de Janeiro. Can't wait.

Blending in with Brazilian colours! 


Best Regards from Belo Horizonte, 
Simon Ranfl
   

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar