Strani

sobota, 25. junij 2016

10 doubts before first big trip on your own

As I mentioned in previous blog, I am going to Brazil and to USA and this will be my first big trip, where I organize everything by myself - from airplane tickets to accomodation, food, internal transfers and visiting tourist attractions. It is very different type of travelling than when you are travelling with agencies - there you have nothing to worry about because agency is taking care of everything and you just have to come to meeting point and enjoy the trip.

On the other hand - travelling around the world on your own especially for the first time brings some doubts and fear before start. So here I will talk about my doubts and I believe many of you have the same...
I have to tell, I will be travelling alone.




  1. SAFETY -  If you are going to an unknown country, you for sure have some safety concerns. The main goal is to travel safe and healthy, then you can enjoy every other aspect of trip. I googled a lot of things, but until I will be there and see it for myself I cannot be sure. But I am positive, that everything will be perfect. BE POSITIVE!
  2. LANGUAGE DIFFERENCIES - I come from Slavic country, so by all means we should be good in foreign languages and I believe we are, but mostly to Slavic country languages or English and German, but for sure not so much to those Latin languages like Italian, French, Spanish and Portuguese. They are to proud of their language, so they do not want to learn another language, but from my latest experience they are getting better and better especially young people, so if you do not speak the language of the country where you are going then TRY TO SPEAK ENGLISH TO YOUNG PEOPLE - there are great odds, that they will talk to you back. 
  3. PROBLEMS ON AIRPORT - A lot of things can happen, but you have to trust airport employees... otherwise is better not to go anywhere! 
  4. WHAT TO PACK - Pack everything basic what you need, you can buy something there, unless you are going to wilderness. You can use same things for more purposes. Everywhere they have washing machines and it is not expensive. DO NOT LET YOUR LUGGAGE TO BE ON YOUR WAY TO TOTALLY ENJOY THE TRIP.
  5. ACTIVITIES - It looks nice in books and on internet, but will I enjoy it? YOU HAVE TO TRY, otherwise you do not know how is it. 
  6. MONEY - Here I want to point out - Is it better to take cash or credit card? If you are not travelling to some 3rd world countries. I think the best is both - so SOME MONEY AND BACKUP ON CARD - sure there will be ATMs because with full wallet you attract to many people.
  7. LOCAL PEOPLE - I suppose they are used to tourists, but will they be nice to me? I hope so, ife we catch each other on language, I am the winner.
  8. COMMUNICATION WITH HOME - For the first time it is always nervous, because if you are in early twenties, parents still care for you very much. So you have to give them insurance you are okey and they can relax a little. I know, if I AM HAPPY, THEY ARE HAPPY! 
  9. HOW TO AVOID BOREDOM - Meet now people, find new friends, read a book, write a blog, enjoy yourself, listen to music... DO NOT LET BOREDOM TO CATCH YOU at any moment.
  10. WILL EVERYTHING BE AS I PLANNED - This is the last thing, you plan something but for some reason you cannot do it - that is why you are travelling on your own - to BE FLEXIBLE.


I know, this will be great experience, so I hope I will deny everything I wrote here, just know that, no one is relaxed before project like that.

If you have anything to add or any suggestion how to get rid some of these doubts, feel free to comment and share with us!

Enjoy,
Simon Ranfl

Ni komentarjev:

Objavite komentar